The following are the latest news updates from the team.
- Moving Ahead by kd5hiy (2021/10/12 18:01)I want to thank everyone that participated and gave feedback on the idea of DMRTexas being more of a wiki-style website over WordPress. I think we have reached the limit of what a couple of people can handle in the WordPress style, and so moving forward, it will allow us to be more flexible.
I am working on copying over the repeater information and hope that does not take more than a couple/few weeks to finish. The response on the poll and the messages sent to me direct were encouraging about our future.
Thank you again to everyone that helped with feedback.
- TG31488 – Texas Nexus Is Now Gone by kd5hiy (2021/01/22 17:59)I received notification a couple of days ago that the Texas Nexus (31488) talk group is now gone. The person that was providing the link has dropped it and no longer provides that link to Fusion.
I will be removing the references from the database. If anything changes, we will let you know.
- Veterans Chat Talk Group Now Active by kd5hiy (2020/04/01 17:53)I received word of a new talk group dedicated to those that served. The talk group is named Veterans Chat and can be found on talk group 98008 on BrandMeister. Feel free to add it and join this group. Click here to go to the BrandMeister Hoseline site to listen in.
Thank you to Robert, WB4SJN for sharing this with the community.
– Chris, KD5HIY
- NTX Wide & ETX Wide Changes by kd5hiy (2020/02/20 17:42)Growth in DMR is good, but with it can come some growing pains. We needed to have a way to grow beyond the DFW Metro on talk group 2. Traditionally talk group 2 has been a local repeater use talk group. With more and more repeaters popping up around the state, routing talk group 2 properly without creating network collisions was becoming difficult.
A proposition was made by a group of about twenty repeater owners, CBridge owners, and general users, for a new talk group being created. This new talk group is named North Texas Wide, or NTX Wide shortened.
Our DMR friends in Houston have done one of the finest jobs at coordinating their own talk groups. We took a queue from their talk group plan of Houston Metro being assigned 8207 and created the new NTX Wide on talk group 8205. Due to the growth issues on talk group 2, NTX Wide will be replacing DFW Metro soon. Many repeater owners have elected to either remove DFW Metro or keep it but assign it as a PTT talk group, meaning it stays silent unless activated, then has a short timeout timer on it.
The second issue that was proposed and accepted by those on the group call was the changing of ETX Wide to talk group 8206 from talk group 2 for uniformity.
So why does it have to be so complicated? It isn’t. Originally, the intent for both talk groups 2 and 9 were to be repeater local talk groups, not passing traffic through to the CBridge. This aligns us with the original planners’ ideas, but also organizes our talk groups to a more standardized layout in Texas. Long term, this will help us with the organization and routing of the talk group to new repeater machines.
As of Feb 16, many of the repeater and CBridge owners have made the change to the new talk groups, and so users will need to update their codeplug(s) to reflect the changes in order to use the new talk groups.
If you are a repeater or CBridge owner and would like either of these two talk groups routed to your repeater or CBridge, you can contact Jason, KC5HWB, and he can route it to the necessary parties in order to have them added to your machines.
Summary of Changes:
- North Texas Wide or NTX Wide created and assigned talk group 8205
- East Texas Wide or ETX Wide reassigned talk group 8206 from 2
- DFW Metro has either been removed from most North Texas repeaters or has been set as PTT and assigned a short timeout.
- 8205 and 8206 are NOT routed to BrandMeister at this time.
news.txt · Last modified: 2022/01/16 17:49 by Chris Cotter, KD5HIY